Living In Portland
It's the "Best Big City," according to Money magazine, and most of us who live here know why. We call it "The City of Roses" - and from here it feels as good as it looks. Portland is nestled in a countryside of unmatched natural beauty, with a bustling local scene that provides plenty to do in arts and music, outdoor sports, shopping, all effortlessly accessed thanks to our justly famous urban transportation system. A short drive from the Portland metro area are snowy mountain peaks, dreamy ocean beaches, a charming wine country, and wildlife havens. Though it's not easy being green, it's exactly why so many people choose to call Portland home.
Visit Living 503 for more information about what makes Portland neighborhoods amazing: http://www.living503.com/
Search for Homes in Great Portland Neighborhoods. There are several amazing neighborhoods in the Portland area. Each offering its own unique Portland experience. So whether you are curious about moving into a new neighborhood or just want to know what's available in your area, please take a moment to click on the map below and see what is new on the market.
- ""America's Cleanest City" -- Reader's Digest
- No. 2 in U.S. for Sustainable Cities -- SustainLane.com
- No. 15 on the list of America's "Top 25 Arts Destinations" -- AmericanStyle
- "Top 10 Best Walking Cities for 2005" -- American Podiatric Medical Association
- "America's 10 Best Places to Live and Work for Those Under 40" -- Monster.com
- "One of America's Hottest Historic Destinations" -- Family Tree Magazine
- "Gold Service Award" for CVB excellence -- Meetings & Conventions magazine
- "These days Portland is a wine and food town, and a serious one." -- Wine Spectator
- No. 2 "Best big city" in the United States -- Men's Journal
- "The city ... seamlessly combines the commercial and the artistic, the historic and bohemian, the symphonic and multicolored-hair-much-pierced-appendages rock, and the urban and outdoorsy life." -- The Hartford Courant
- Top 5 "Impressive City" award for "communities where citizens are making a difference in their environment." -- Delicious Living